When I was a kind, I wanted to be an architect.
I enjoyed sketching buildings and studying them using my understanding of space. However, I soon realised that there were other aspects I wanted in my career that architecture couldn’t provide me. I wanted to work with people across different cultures, help them improve a part of their business – which finally led me to International Business.
Admiring the Eiffel Tower, makes me wonder if I really made the right decision. I mean – I might have become the next Gustave Eiffel! Dreams aside – I know what made me move away from architecture and into business, and after all these years, I know that I made the right decision. I don’t regret it – specially because architecture will always remain as one of my biggest interests.
Having said this, I thought I’d share a few fun facts:
- The Eiffel Tower helps you to find your way in Paris as its 4 pillars are aligned to the points of the compass
- With extremely strong stormy wind, it can move 13 cm (I wouldn’t like to be up there when this happens!)
- On a clear day, you can see up to 67 km away from the upper part of the Tower
- During winter, the Tower shrinks 15 cm
- During summer, the Tower leans very slightly, as one side is heated by the sun and expands up to 8cm