Hello and welcome.
My name is Katharina, but you can call me Kate. This blog is where I share my thoughts and impressions of the places I go and the adventures in life and work I experience abroad.
I created my first blog in 2010. I started a travel blog using Blogger and was overwhelmed with new concepts and the technicalities – I had no idea about what RSS, CSS and SEO stood for, let alone understand what I could do with it!
I wasn’t sure whether I would enjoy blogging. After all, I wasn’t the type of kid that kept a Diary – I was the kind that would return home and do maths. For fun. This probably explains why my first posts were unstructured and disorganised. It became clear to me that if I wanted to take seriously improve my English writing skills, I would needed some serious practice.
Little did I know that writing would soon become a passion.
A year later, in 2011, I gave my hobby an upgrade – moving it from Blogger to a self-hosted WordPress platform. However, after 3 years and plenty of back-office coding work, I was feeling burnt out. At times, I felt as if blogging was more of a chore than something I do for fun.
But instead of letting my blog die, I want it to evolve, change and find new paths. I want it to be simpler to allow me to focus on what I enjoy the most: writing and photography. And this takes me the to here and now.
Today marks the day I say goodbye to 100 Miles Highway and hello to Kate goes Global – a blog focused on traveling and living and working in an intercultural environment.
So, where do we go from here?
The blog uses a very simple design with only one Menu at the left, which contains:
- Home – Which leads you to the main page. Home is a collection of circular images representing individual blog posts. If you hover over each image, the title is revealed.
- Start Here – If you’re new to this site, I strongly recommend you to start there as it’ll point you to the best posts of each category.
- About Kate – A bit more about myself (but don’t worry, it’s much shorter than this post!).
- Contact Me – Please use this online form to get in touch with me.
- Portfolio – The portfolio contains my favourite travel images.
- Archives – The best place to dig into my past writings.
- Featured – Here you’ll find my footprint in other parts of the web: guest posts, awards, interviews and mentions.
- Inspiration – A list of my daily inspiration from the web.
Thank you again for joining me on this journey and I really hope you’ll stay for a while! If you would like to receive all my blog updates straight to your RSS feed, please sign up for it here!